Research conducted with faculty and staff at the Department of Horticultural Sciences includes:
- Developing new blueberry varieties for commercial fruit production and landscape use as adapted to Minnesota conditions and that offer excellent fruit quality. Information on U of MN blueberry varieties, as well as other varieties that have performed well in MN, current production practices, and pest management strategies can be found here.
- Evaluating edible dry-bean selections, along with nitrogen fixation evaluation.
- Evaluating potato breeding lines developed at Minnesota and other North Central potato-breeding programs. Compare yield, grade profile, and quality of potato breeding lines while grown under irrigated conditions. More on potato research at the U of MN.
- Screening Minnesota and other potato-breeding lines for resistance to common scab.
- Determining the best management practices for growing Quinoa.