Soil, Water and Climate
Recent research involving members of the Department of Soil, Water and Climate includes:
- Examine the soil biology of poor plant emergence in potatoes.
- Evaluation of redline fertilizer in potato production.
- Evaluate nitrogen + irrigation interactions and effects on potatoes.
- Evaluate multiple nitrogen sources, timings, and rates effects on potatoes.
- Nitrogen response and soil microbial activity in potato cropping systems as affected by fumigation.
- Optimizing soil management to enhance potato crop yields and soil health in fumigated and non-fumigated soils.
- Evaluate a polyculture interseeding ecosystem services with an economic benefit to growers.
- Growing polycultures for multiple high-value outputs: natural products, seed and biomass.
- Determine agronomic methods for silphium oilseed crops.
- Potato fertilization on irrigation soils (U of MN Extension)