Home Field Advantage
November 1, 2022
East African immigrant farmers grow culturally relevant crops in Minnesota; U of M researchers share agricultural management expertise.
Becker Irrigation and Nutrient Management Field Day - August 31st
August 25, 2022
The Becker Irrigation and Nutrient Management Field Day is being hosted at the Sand Plains Research Farm on August 31st from 4 - 7:30 pm. Boxed dinner will be provided. Registration is free!
Presentations topics will include:
- Effects of irrigation and nitrogen on corn yield, nitrate leaching, and water and nitrogen use efficiency
- Enhancing soil health in potato cropping systems
- Improving N use efficiency for corn and potato
- Improving N management for irrigated corn with N source and application timing
- Expanding a statewide irrigation scheduling application, sensors, models, and protecting irrigator privacy
- Nitrogen requirements for hybrid rye as a grain and forage crop
- Wagon tour of research farm
U of MN Releases ‘MN-Rothsay’ Wheat
June 22, 2022
The University of Minnesota has released a new hard red spring wheat variety called ‘MN-Rothsay.’ MN-Rothsay features a good combination of yield, protein, and disease resistance and exceptional straw strength.